Whats up and welcome again to Equity, TechCrunch’s enterprise capital-focused podcast the place we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
That is Fairness Monday, our weekly kickoff that tracks the most recent massive information, chats in regards to the coming week, digs into some current funding rounds and mulls over a bigger theme or narrative from the non-public markets. You may comply with the present on Twitter here and myself here — and don’t overlook to take a look at last Friday’s episode that we wound up titling “Fortnite is definitely a SaaS firm.”
It is smart in context, I promise.
Anyway, right here’s what’s on in the present day’s present:
- Joe Biden was elected President and the inventory market shouldn’t be mad about divided authorities.
- Constructive vaccine news despatched many stocks sharply higher this morning, however not all. Some pandemic-favored tech corporations immediately dropped double-digit share factors of worth.
- Esign raised $151 million, exhibiting power within the Chinese language startup market, and the esignature house.
- And this neat Series B for Cellwize caught our consideration this morning.
- Lastly, a warning. The stuff that’s altering currently might start to vary a bit much less. We’ve lived within the pandemic economic system lengthy sufficient now that it’s arduous to recall what life was like earlier than. However, we’d greatest begin remembering as there’s loads that’s going to vary within the subsequent few quarters.
This has been a wild to start out the week, however with good information.
I suppose a vaccine was all the time going to finally make it to this step, however, that mentioned, the USA is seeing file COVID-19 circumstances in the present day. So masks up and let’s get as many people throughout the road as we will.